National Induction Programme for NQTs 2019/2020
New NIPT Online Workshops - current situation regarding Covid-1
In light of the current situation regarding Covid-19 and the fact that Insert Name Education Centre is currently unable to schedule the delivery of the Induction Workshop Programme (IWP), NIPT has informed us that the following workshops will be made available on a phased basis for NQTs to access online, beginning on Monday, May 11th 2020 with the Numeracy workshop which is sector-specific
- Primary: Numeracy - Developing Good Practice in Mathematics Teaching (NIPT WS11)
- Post-Primary: Numeracy for All (NIPT WS11)
Within the next fortnight, the following two cross-sectoral workshops will be available
- Child Protection & Safety (NIPT WS10)
- Inclusion (NIPT WS13)
When these become available, a notice will be placed on www.teacherinduction.ie.
If you wish to access these online workshops, you should visit onlinelearning.teacherinduction.ie and register for NIPT Online Workshops.
As you are aware, the Induction Workshop Programme is a requirement for teachers with this condition outstanding on their Teaching Council Registration. To this end, teachers who complete an NIPT online workshop will have fulfilled two hours of the twenty hour requirement for professional learning aligned with the Probationary/PQE Model. A certificate of completion will be available to any teacher who completes these online workshops.
Please note that if you have already completed the above workshops (face-to-face), you will not be credited for repeating the online version.
Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements for the Teaching Council.
● An NIPT Workshop is a requirement for NQTs in schools who are completing Probation (Primary) or PQE (Post Primary).
● Workshops are not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the Droichead process.
● However, NQTs participating in Droichead can count this workshop as an Additional Professional Learning Activity , with the agreement of their Professional Support Team in school.
● Droichead is now the route of induction for NQTs in SEN settings and in all primary schools with administrative principals and in post-primary schools with 200 or more students
NQTs in Ireland: Registration for 2019/2020 is now open. Workshops are available to book for term 1 only, remaining wrokshops will be available to book in October.
Laois Education Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop in the event of under-booking. NQTs must cancel their place in advance if not attending a workshop they have registered for.