PDST have developed a huge range of supports for teachers and school leaders around distance learning in these strange times. Their content is curated and was developed by the PDST Digital Technologies team to support schools and teachers engaged in distance learning in order to provide continuity to pupils/students. Using some of the online platforms and/or tools that are detailed on their page https://www.pdst.ie/distancelearning, schools will be enabled to limit the impact of school closures by giving learners access to materials, support, classwork and feedback.
By using the online tools explored on this page:
- Teachers can easily make educational resources and exercises available to learners, who can then study and complete assignments from home.
- Depending on the digital tools available to each school, teachers could also use flipped learning strategies to source and/or create online lessons that learners can access remotely.
- Learners can complete activities digitally that demonstrate their understanding, with teachers being able to provide feedback to improve the learning experience.
- Learners' knowledge and understanding can be effectively demonstrated using some of the edtech tools explored on this webpage (eg. Edpuzzle, Flipgrid, Kahoot, Quizlet and WizerMe).
Distance learning supports developed by other PDST teams are also available from this page. These include:
- Distance learning supports for Health and Wellbeing
- Distance learning supports for School Leaders
- Distance learning supports for Primary Literacy
- Distance learning supports for Post Primary Mathematics
Information on Scoilnet, Webwise and TeacherCPD can also be found on this page as well as information on online platforms and links to online tutorials.