Focusing through Interactive Pausing with S.P.H.E and The Stay Safe Programme. 19LSL02
- Please Note: All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable
Focusing through Interactive Pausing is a process that explores the Quality of Presence of Oneself, of oneself within the school community and within the wider world.
The overall aims and objectives of the weeklong training for teachers:
We would like to invite all teachers at the end of the academic school year to take time
• To Pause and take time out to Nurture your own wellbeing in a gentle and refreshing way.
• To build resilience and competence in self-care among teachers and others who work with children and young people by developing an understanding of personal somatic/ bodily-felt life experience from both a theoretical and experiential point of view.
• To acquire the practical skills, approaches, and techniques required to build resilience and manage stress levels, and the many challenges one faces in your daily teaching life.
• To learn how to be with one’s natural capacity and hold an open curiosity to experiencing ones inner creativity through the medium of art, drawing, storytelling and other forms of symbolization to better manage ones emotional world.
• While exploring how Focusing deepens the experience of The Stay Programme for the pupils. Guiding pupils to hold and nurture their understanding of their lived experiences of safety and the stay safe programme through their somatic bodily signals.
• These somatic bodily signals when attuned to alerts pupils to dangers and risk, thus helping them to make safe choices in any given situation.
The overall aims and objectives of the weeklong training for pupils are:
- To foster children’s well-being, self-confidence and sense of belonging
- To develop children’s sense of personal responsibility for their own behaviour and actions
- To promote children’s self-awareness and understanding by helping them to manage their own feelings, to recognise and appreciate individual abilities, and to cope with change of various kinds
- To support children to become active and responsible citizens.
To formulate a curriculum plan with progressive steps and an implementation timeline.
|Course date||01-07-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||05-07-2019 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||01-07-2019 9:00 am|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|