Irish Sign Language (ISL) in the classroom for Teachers 28.9.2021
Irish Sign Language is a functional and practical language, which if learned and practiced can provide opportunities for inclusivity, communication and fine and gross motor development.
This workshop looks to provide primary and post-primary teachers with a foundational understanding of Irish Sign Language, including basic vocab, phrases and mechanics of the language.
This webinar will provide participants with resources to continue to develop their own professional ISL skills as well as to teach pupils the fundamentals of the language.
Areas to be covered include:
- Hand dominance and movement in ISL
- ISL alphabet
- Counting in ISL
- Sentence structure in ISL
- ISL Language suitable for the classroom environment
- Participants will have a greater understanding of the foundational aspects of Irish Sign Language
- Participants will encounter the ISL alphabet and basic phrases for communication
- Participants will have gained knowledge of a number of practical ISL language for the classroom environment.
|Course date||28-09-2021 6:00 pm|
|Course End Date||28-09-2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||25-08-2021|
|Cut off date||28-09-2021 4:40 pm|
|Speaker||Stephen Hodnett, Occupational Therapist and Primary School Teacher|