Support for the Newly Appointed Primary SET 15.9.2021
This three-week webinar on Wednesday 15th, 22nd & 29th September aims to support the SEN provision in primary mainstream schools and is particularly relevant to newly appointed SETs. It addresses the following areas:
1. The Role of the SET
• Understanding 'Special Needs' and the concept of Inclusion
• The Principles of the Irish SEN model of provision.
• Relevant SEN Circulars & Guidelines
• The role and responsibilities of the SET
• Organising the SEN caseload
• Planning templates
• Case studies.
2. Planning & developing support plans for pupils with SEN
• Sources for identifying pupil needs
• Gathering of relevant data
• Setting SMART targets
• Devising intervention strategies
• implementing the Support plan
• Monitoring and reviewing pupil progress.
3. Implementing effective communication & collaborative strategies in SEN provision.
• Benefits of a collaborative approach
• Effective SEN team communication
• Resources for gathering data from parents, pupils and SNAs
• In-class support vs withdrawal approaches
• Collaborative planning templates.
• Communication with health services & other relevant agencies.
|Course date||15-09-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||29-09-2021 8:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||15-07-2021|
|Cut off date||15-09-2021 4:30 pm|
|Speaker||Dr Celia Walsh, (Ed D in SEN) Former SET, School Principal & Director of Waterford Teachers Centre|