Linking Children’s Literature to SPHE 2.3.2021
In this webinar, suitable for primary teachers, by literacy educator and storyteller Catherine Gilliland, participants will be introduced to the story of the Giving Tree and model the SPHE pathway this story allows us to move through. A range of stories to support children’s well being will be integral to this session.
Each webinar will be one-hour duration with as much time as required after the webinar for Q & A
Catherine is facilitating the following webinars over the next few months, individual booking for each workshop required:
1. Running a Successful Guided Reading Session (Primary) 6.10.2020
2. The use of visual imagery and graphic organisers to develop comprehension skills (Primary & PP) 3.11.2020
3. Planning for Literacy across the Primary school through a Picture Book (Primary) 12.1.2021
4. Building children’s word power (Primary) 2.2.2021
5. Linking Children’s Literature to SPHE - 2.3.2021
Catherine Gilliland is a Senior Lecturer in Language and Literacy in St Mary's University College, Belfast. She was the Keynote Speaker at the literacy Association of Ireland in 2016 and her work has taken her across Europe to deliver seminars and practical workshops. She was a speaker at the recent World Literacy Summit. She is a regular contributor to the LAI Newsletter and has a chapter published in, 'Playful Approaches to Learning.'
|Course date||02-03-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||02-03-2021 8:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||21-12-2020|
|Cut off date||02-03-2021 4:30 pm|
|Speaker||Catherine Gilliland, Senior Lecturer in Language and Literacy in St Mary's University College|