SNA Supporting Children with Sensory Processing Difficulties in the Primary Classroom 28.5.2019
The workshop is aimed at SNAs of children aged 3-12, with sensory processing difficulties which may be part of Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, ADHD, or other conditions. Together with other SNAs you will learn to understand more about the sensory systems and find solutions to sensory behaviours which may be causing stress at school. The workshop includes practical strategies for sensory regulation to maximise learning.
1. Learn about the senses and how the world is interpreted through the senses.
2. Sensory processing- how information from all the senses is processed in the brain.
3. The impact of sensory processing on attention, behaviour and emotional regulation.
4. Sensory processing difficulties in Autism and other conditions.
5. Stress and sensory processing.
6. Practical classroom strategies for regulation.
7. Teaching children about sensory processing and inclusion using Max and Me a story about sensory processing.
|Course date||28-05-2019 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||28-05-2019 6:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||08-05-2019|
|Cut off date||28-05-2019 5:00 pm|
|Speaker||Helen O’Connor, Primary ASD Class Teacher & Ines Lawlor, Occupational Therapist & Author|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|