Movement and Drawing Exercises to Help Development and Learning Difficulties for Primary and Post-Primary Teachers - Stage 2: Overcoming the Three Midplanes (10.01.2018)
- Focussing on dyslexia and related challenges, these 3 workshops on the Development of the Senses provide practical methods to help children's development.
- Suitable for all teachers, the workshops bring insights and effective exercises to carry into day-to-day teaching, either one-to-one or with a whole class.
- The exercises address the struggles of individual children, improve the overall skill-level of a class and support concentration.
- Insight from the work of Rudolf Steiner, on the task to master the spatial symmetry with which we were born and to develop accurate and harmonious movement, builds an overall understanding.
- Diagnostic checks show that many school-age children who struggle, have incomplete development of the senses of life, balance and self-movement.
- Specific remedial exercises to develop these lower senses, prove to take effect, not only in movement and coordination but more crucially in children’s writing, reading and arithmetic.
- Issues of increasing concern: the capacity to cope with the school environment and to focus attention, also prove tractable to these measures.
Stage 1: The Pattern of Dominance and the Overcoming of Mirroring Date: Wed. 13th December 2017
Stage 2: Overcoming the Three Midplanes Date: Wednesday 10th January 2018
Stage 3: Further Assessments and Forming a Picture of a Child's Senses'Date: Wed21st February 2018
|Course date||10-01-2018 9:15 am|
|Course End Date||10-01-2018 3:15 pm|
|Cut off date||10-01-2018 9:00 am|
|Speaker||Gordon Woolard, Dip SpLD AMBDA FE/HE PATOSS Independent Teacher and Trainer|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|