Join us as we approach mid-summer’s day and the end of a busy school year, and gather together to rest, recover, restore, renew and revive. Teaching can be a wonderful and fulfilling role but the reality is that teachers invest so much of themselves caring for their pupils/students and often without the full understanding that self-care and support are essential in order to navigate the challenges that exist as part of that role. It is essential that this support is authentic and delivered with an empathy and compassion that ensures the teacher feels heard and understood. With that in mind, a soothing, calming, meditative recovery space capturing the summer energy is the perfect antidote and support, where you can take time for yourself, where you can revive in mind, body, heart and spirit and make some in-person connections at a gentle pace. On Saturday June 17th , we invite you to come away to this comfortable, restful space where we will take time to:
• Recover from the busy year/term
• Rest in a safe space that offers genuine understanding and support for your role
• Renew energy levels so you can enjoy the pleasures of the summer months ahead rather than simply surviving until the break and using it to recover from burnout
• Engage in some simple, enjoyable, restorative breathing and mindful practices that can easily be brought with you into your daily life, both at home and in school
• Revisit the nature of your role in education & the impact of that on your well-being
• Consider how your limited inner and outer resources can be mapped onto a healthier and more balanced lifestyle
• Consider what self-care practice means to you and engage in some connective work in order to feel more like yourself, which will also benefit those you care for and work with
• Connect with like-minded teaching souls over a hot cuppa and some nourishing food
Facilitator: Ann-Marie Ireland Kiely, Primary School Teacher, PhD Candidate (DCU Institute of Education), Professional Development Facilitator (Well-Being in Education), Director of Whole-Hearted Teaching. Ann-Marie has been facilitating PD courses, workshops, webinars and retreats for teachers and school leaders in the area of well-being nationwide for over 12 years & is currently undertaking doctoral research in the area of teacher vulnerability and identity.
Fee; €40 non refundable fee to include morning coffee and lunch.
Saturday June 17th, 2023 Venue: Laois Education Support Centre, Portlaoise
|Course date||17-06-2023 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||17-06-2023 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||16-06-2023 2:00 pm|
|Speaker||Ann Marie Ireland|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|
The ESCI (Education Support Centres Ireland website lists all available courses and events from Education Support Centres nationwide.
Ionad Tacaíochta Oideachais Laoise
Laois Education Support
Ionad Tacaíochta Oideachais Laoise. Gach ceart ar cosaint. / Laois Education Support Centre. All rights reserved.
Deartha ag Web / Designed by On Target Web Design.