Junior Cycle Maths Coding 8.2.2022
This five-week webinar on 8th, 15th February & 1st, 8th & 15th March is suitable for Junior cycle Maths teachers and will cover:
- Introduce basic coding concepts through Scratch coding
- Variables, operators, loops, decisions
- Assignment, arithmetic, comparison, Boolean combinations - arrays, lists
- Functions / Procedures
- Design a simple ‘Lotto’ computer game in Scratch
- Algorithms and Flowcharts
- Coding using Minecraft for Education
- Designing a website with HTML
- Components of a computer system – Hardware/Software - CPU, memory, main storage, I/O Devices
- How the internet works / protocols for communication
- Binary/Octal/Hexadecimal Number Systems – Bits/Bytes/Switches/Pixels
- Machine Code / Assembly Language
- Sequential / Parallel flow of control
- Python Coding
- Coding the Raspberry Pi single-board computer
There are also video tutorials available to complement the lessons.
Facilitator: Seán Murphy. Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering from UCC and a Masters in Electronic Systems from DCU.
I changed career to teaching after completing the Hdip in Education in NUIG in 2006 and I have been teaching Maths, Physics and Applied Maths to Leaving Cert Honours level for the last 11 years in CBS Ennistymon, Co. Clare. I also teach Junior Cycle Science and Coding. I have a website www.hardsums.ie where I share my teaching resources for these subjects with other teachers/students.
From 2012 – 2015, I worked as a local facilitator for the Project Maths Development Team. This involved giving courses to Maths teachers in the
|Course date||08-02-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||15-03-2022 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||15-02-2022 4:50 pm|