Understanding Self-Harm Training (18.2.2020)
Aim: Understanding Self-Harm Training is a 1-day programme which aims to develop Participants' knowledge and understanding of self-harm and the reasons underlying such behaviour. The program also helps participants consider the needs of people who self-harm. Please note, this workshop is being offered during the mid-term break as there is no substitute cover available for this workshop.
Content: By completing Understanding Self-Harm training Participants will:
- Be informed of definitions of self-harm and consider its relationship with suicide
- Understand the prevalence of self-harm across different age groups and genders
- Be familiar with the functions, motivations and meanings underlying self-harm
- Demonstrate improved sensitivity and awareness of the needs of people who self-harm
- Be aware of possible interventions and helpful responses in responding to people who self-harm
- Gain knowledge of the appropriate and relevant supports and services, locally and nationally.
|Course date||18-02-2020 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||18-02-2020 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||09-01-2020|
|Cut off date||18-02-2020 3:00 pm|
|Speaker||Josephine Rigney, Resource Officer for Suicide Prevention - Laois/Offaly.|
|Location||HSE, Burlington Business Park, Tullamore|