A Practical Approach to Maximising Grades in Leaving Certificate English Higher Level 15.1.2020
This course is aimed at English teachers who teach, or aim to teach Higher Level English to Senior Cycle students. It may be particularly beneficial to NQTs who want to transfer their knowledge of English language and literature to the Senior Cycle classroom and to exam preparation.
While recognising that Leaving Certificate exam is the overlying influence on Senior Cycle English, this course aims to give students an appreciation of the subject , while reducing the fear of the looming exam. The issue of time allocation to topic will also be addressed. The key areas of this session will include;
• Comprehension skills- concentrating on recognising stylistic features.
• Functional Writing- what to read and basic techniques to build on.
• The Composition- how to be prepared, how to build to your strengths.
• Shakespeare/ Set Text- essential toolkit to maximise marks.
• Comparative – a framework to build on.
• Poetry- key elements that must be addressed in both studied and unseen.
|Course date||15-01-2020 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||15-01-2020 7:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-01-2020|
|Cut off date||15-01-2020 5:00 pm|
|Speaker||Deirdre Carroll, LC English Teacher|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|