Making Sense of the Sensory Stuff (Primary teachers 3 part workshop) 11.11.19
The idea for this this three-part workshop for Primary teachers on Monday 11th & 25th November and 2nd December is that people would attend all 3 as one will build on what is covered in the previous session.
- The senses – how each sense works
- Sensory processing – how all the senses work together to process information.
- Sensory processing difficulties and level of alertness – how sensory processing difficulties affect a child’s ability to attend and regulate emotions.
- The impact of stress on sensory processing.
- Brief Recap on sensory processing.
- Common sensory processing patterns in particular childhood conditions – ASD, DCD, ADHD and Joint hypermobility.
- Sensory processing in the school setting
- Sensory equipment
- Adapting classroom activities to meet the child’s sensory needs
- Using visuals to reduce stress and improve sensory processing.
- Brainstorming worksheet for how to manage behaviours that challenge in the classroom.
- Case studies.
|Course date||11-11-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||02-12-2019 9:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||01-10-2019|
|Cut off date||11-11-2019 7:00 pm|
|Speaker||Helen O’Connor, Primary ASD Class Teacher & Ines Lawlor, Occupational Therapist & Author|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|