Supporting the Anxious Child Teachers Course 11.9.19
Our two-week "Supporting the Anxious Child" workshops on 11th & 18th September are interactive and draw upon a mesh of methodologies – powerpoint, video, collaboration, interaction, reflection, case studies, discussion, mindfulness, etc.
Session 1 includes:
- Examination of the meaning of wellbeing and resilience.
- Exploration of what worry and anxiety is and also its relationship to mental health.
- Consideration of how the anxious child presents in the classroom and in the home.
- Exploration of some grounding techniques to teach an anxious child
Session 2 includes:
- The role of empathy in our lives and a closer look at the empathetic child.
- Examining the relationship between teacher wellbeing and student wellbeing.
- Using wellbeing areas to support the anxious child in supportingtheir own personal wellbeing and in addition to building their resilience skills
- Mindfulness to support the anxious child
|Course date||11-09-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||18-09-2019 9:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||16-08-2019|
|Cut off date||11-09-2019|
|Speaker||Dorothy Scarry, Primary Teacher & MSC in Workplace Health & Wellbeing|
|Location||Laois Education Centre|